Friday 1 August 2008

Mallorca, Day 2, Swimming

Today I we got up at 8.00h and went straight to the beach for some refreshment. In our flat, without aircondition, it was hot all night and we all sweated a lot.
Later on, we checked out the near surroundings since we noticed that we need some stuff for our meals. A fact that we hardly paid any attention to so far.
Prices over here are just strange...fruits and vegetables are expensive as can be while alcohol, cheese and meat in a supermarket are appoximately the same or even less expensive than in germany. In a holiday region like this I would have expected it to be the opposite.

Oh yes...we also went swimming a several times today. Besides the cold showers in our flat, the only working way of cooling down a bit. I had an inflatable mattress with me and Jale and me played as if it was our boat or island or something. That was really fun, until I realized that we were already in an area where our feet could not touch the ground anymore. Pretty brave for a non-swimmer, ey??

No comments: