Thursday 21 August 2008

Wangerooge - Geocaching

Geocaching did not really keep me busy here. I had a maximum of 7 caches to find on this island. One of them is a webcam cache. I find those caches to be senseless and so I left it. Another one was said to be a 4 kilometre walk through the Dunes and another one was 222 steps up a tower. I couldn't do any of them since my achilles tendon is always hurting after a few steps already.

Besides those unsolvable caches, I had one DNF and 4 founds. The DNF was funny...because I still have no idea of what I did wrong. It was an easy multi cache with 15 waypoints. At home I would not even try to start with such a monster. But here it was a nice walk through the village and I found every station and solved every riddle. But in the end I could not find the cache location. The calculated coordinates led me to a house that was situated less than 100 metres from another cache final. So, I must have done something wrong. My smart sister will be here next week and she will surely tell me what I did wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wir waren die 222 Stufen rauf und haben dort geloggt. War soooo schön und das trotz meiner Höhenangst!

Die Lichterkette auf dem Westturm geht seitdem übrigens "rein zufällig" um 23.02 an ;-))


Keia