Sunday 10 August 2008

Mallorca, Day 11, Geocaching

After being in a state of dizzyness (nothing else but beach, eating, beach, sleeping, beach...) for a few days I went all the way to the last reachable cache for me. It was the one that I couldn't reach on day 5. And I can tell you that all the sweat and energy have been more than worth it.

I had some 2 kilometres to walk (one way) and half of them went straight uphill but since I started only around 7.00 p.m. it was not too hard and I was nearly alone in that archaeological park. The last 400 metres however were leading me higher and higher on a small stone covered path..a steep climb towards the top of the hill. The cache was hidden off of the normal path and I had to do some kinda acrobatic hill climbing, 1 m away from the abyss. One wrong move and I would have fallen 50 m down! I even found a several Tb's in the box but took only 2 of them. They are competing in a race to Denmark and I think I should give them a 1500 km lift.

After signing the logbook I sat there for about half an hour and enjoyed the silence and peace of this place. None around and the wind was gently stroking my face. Since we stay in a tourist centre, we are usually in a huge crowd and the stay on this rocky hill was like a holiday from holidays to me.

No comments: