Thursday 31 July 2008

Mallorca, Day 1, Travelling

I am an „early bird“ ...generally. But 3.30h in the morning is unusual to me too. Today was our leaving day. We started our 2 weeks vacation to the Balearic Island of Mallorca and our flight was scheduled for 6.00h a.m.

I was sure that I would get into a lot of troubles with my girls since they hate to start their morning before 7.00-7.30h a.m. But again I was wrong. Now that I am writing this, they both are still alive and well, had a lot of fights during the day (just the usual girl to girl fights...) and now looking with sleepy eyes into some imaginary time-holes.

We arrived here as scheduled and were in our flat already at 10.00h a.m. After unpacking our stuff, we went to the beach to test the water of the Mediterraenian Sea and...it's warm...unbelievably warm...too warm. For me, water of the sea has to bring some refreshment with rolling waves to me. But over here air temperature 35°C, water temperature +26°C. Nearly no difference.

We went to the beach 2 times more today and I must say that it is not as crowded as I expected. You really can have a relaxing time at the beach...I never thought that this was possible anywhere on Mallorcan Island at all.

Shame on me:I had to realize today that the longer I stay here, the less I want to do. I am already in a state of unbelievable lazyness and my curiousity about new things to discover seems to be somewhere far.

Oh yes...I discovered some wireless network hotspots here. They are protected ...but not too well protected :-)


2 comments:

indierocker said...

enjoy your vacations!

lytha said...

as usual during our yearly oregon beach family reunion, joerg and i got into our bathing suits and ran out there into the water. the pacific, that far north, is bitter cold, but we fight the pain and just jump waves anyway. this year it was way colder than "bitter" and joerg went in up to his ankles and said "the pain is shooting up my legs, i can't even move, i can't do it!" but i tried to be brave and went up to my knees, which means the waves come in and get you much higher than knee height: ) it gave us "brain freeze" (cold head pain from drinking milkshakes/smoothies) just from standing there! joerg is now making comments about the energy crisis, we don't have the resources to warm up the northern pacific ocean anymore: )