Sunday 17 August 2008

Wangerooge - Geocaching

After a nice morning at the beach, I slept 2 hours (!!!) in the afternoon. Some clouds came up on the far horizon and I thought that it was now time to go for some geocaches. There are not many on this island and they all seem to be fairly easy.

I did 3 caches today and they kept me busy for not longer than 2 hours. First I was wondering why there are so many micro caches here in unspectacular hiding places. There are so many untouched places and cool hiding spots here. But then I thought it over and think the cachers have done good with their decisions of hiding geocaches. The whole area is a nature reservate and it is forbidden (for good reasons) to even leave the paths. Let us keep it like that. Respect nature!

As I said, The caches have been unspectacular but they gave a lot of informations to me and showed me some quiet and peacefull spots that I would not have discovered on my own during one week. So, again I can recommend you to do some geocaching first whenever you go on vacation. It will provide you with informations about the surrounding, history and „insider“ tipps.


Caches today:

GC17VQH

GC14Q89

GCGWCJ

No comments: