Tuesday 12 August 2008

Mallorca, Day 13, ¿habla español?

As if we were expecting it, our little Jale got sick last night. No vacation without some health troubles. Last night at the beach she did not want to play on the playground or anywhere else, just wanted to sit near me, telling me how much she was missing Grandma & Grandfather.
After all JJ had some temperature at night at 38,5°C and a little throat ache. I went to the „Pharmacia“ and bought some drugs for her.

I did not sleep at all that night and for Julia it was not much better I am afraid. But I can get along with less, bad or without sleep at all when I am on holidays. One of us always had to stay home today to care for JJ and the other one enjoyed the day as good as possible.

On one of my freetime shifts, I went to the „parrot park“ here...a nice place with some shadow places, perfect to read and just relax. I did not really begin to read when an old spanish man took his seat near me and immediately asked me suspiciously if I was german or english. German seemed to be he right answer cuz he was very friendly and talked to me for about an hour. Talked to me in ...spanish! And I talked to him in denglish. He knew only 1 german word and my spanish vocabulary isn't much better. There it was again: the conversation with hands and feet...funny...interesting...I loved it!! When I got back to our flat, I told Julia about it and when she asked me what we were talking about, I noticed that I understood pretty much of all this improvisating conversation. Of course I am not a 100% sure if I got his words right, but...hey-that was fun and now I know what I was missing on my last vacations: the improvisations, the things aside of perfect organization, the surprises!

Now it is 10.30h p.m., JJ got her medicine and I am ready for another sleepless night.
Adeu (mallorquin) Adios (spanish)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gute Besserung fürs Mäuschen! Bald könnt ihr euch ja vom Urlaub erholen *ggg*

Biba! Keia