Thursday 9 October 2008

The satellites are back!

Lately I found my 300th geocache, you probably read about it here.
After that cache, my GPS unit broke down! As if it was made to find not more than 300 caches!
Actually, I was able to switch it on but it did not find any satellite...not even after 30 minutes on bike. That was really sad because autumn and winter are high times for me to go geocaching (vegetation is downward and not so many people out in nature anymore due to lower temperatures) and right now I could not afford to buy a new GPS unit.

I wasn't even sure if the GPS was broken or damaged or if maybe every satellite around our earth has given up working ;-)
My smart sister said that it happened to her GPS before and I should not worry. After a while without batteries, the GPS will happily play with me again. And, as usual, she was right. Today I tried again and switched it on and...tataaaaaaaa....it detected some satellites. Slowly first but then it was back to an exactness of about 6 metres.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mir gefällt am besten diese Stelle hier: "And, as usual, she was right."

*kicherkicher*

smart sister

Winni said...

achnee...wer hätte das gedacht??
Übrigens Samstag GPS nich vergessen. "Heidenwall Delthun" ruft...so als Verdauungsspaziergang

kleiner bruder

lytha said...

how fast were you pedalling that bike those 30 minutes? if you were going that fast, of course it couldn't find satellites.

SLOW DOWN WINNI!!!!!!!!!!

*lol*