Tuesday 14 October 2008

The Old Testament

During the last week, Jale discovered her curiousity about God, church and especially The Old Testament...the beginning of it all. She has a special childrens bible and a childrens DVD telling different stories from the Old Testament. Jale is really fascinated, she loves it, surprises us with things of the OT that we did not even know. I read some chapters with her and not Jale but Julia asked me a question afterwards that I could not answer.

The kids bible describes the beginning. How God created the world, how he created Adam + Eve and the Garden of Eden. In the second chapter the story of Kain + Abel is being told like this: Kain + Abel were the only kids of Adam + Eve
If those 2 boys were the only kids, how could they keep the population up and rising? The kids bible is not telling everything and not chronological...so I guess there must be some chapter(s) in between explaining our question.

I know that there are some smart followers of my blog who will now have a good laugh about my ignorance, but hey, stop laughing, and tell me what happened...please!!


1 comment:

lytha said...

good grief no comments yet? sorry i have not been following your blog - it's bookmarked on the wrong computer and i haven't used this thing in ages. that's my excuse and i'm stickin to it: )

here's the answer to jale's question. we are all clones. adam and eve only had two kids, they cloned the rest of us in their science lab.

no, i can be serious. it's the bible, afterall, our most relevant, physical connection to the mind of god.

adam and eve had more kids, we just heard the story of the one who killed the other one and had to be exiled yet also protected by god against those who would have killed him for killing his brother.