Friday 27 June 2008

School or not to School??

...that is the question we were asked a several times during the last weeks. We had to make a decision whether Jale should go to school or to something like Preschool-Kindergarten (I will call it PSK since I have no idea about how the english speaking world is calling this....besides that, I have to keep up with my funny mistakes...righty?)

I can tell you...I cannot remember any decision that was so hard to make for me. All the therapists said "PSK"! The teachers and those who saw Jale for the first time said "SCHOOL". But of course none can take away the responsibility from us as Jales parents. Julia and me though were as one and said loud and clear "WE DON'T KNOW!!!

In the end we made the decision at home...together with Jale! I spoke to Jale and told her about the advantages and disadvantages of PSK and SCHOOL and then it was Julias turn. After all our talkings, Jale made the decision of SCHOOL. Why? Simple...Jale said that the tasks in PSK will be easier of course,but she is so eager to learn more. Besides that, some of her friends from Kindergarten would be with her in her class at school. Those reasons were good enough for us to agree with her decision and not listen to several therapists, so she will go to school from August 22nd on.

Doubts? Some! Is a 6 year old child mature enough to make that decision? Are we mature enough to make that decision? I really don't know, but Jales decision was close to or associations...so it can't be that terribly wrong I hope.

It is so easy. Why didn't we ask Jale first??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

egal, was ihr entscheidet: Es ist gut so! Ich freue mich schon auf die Einschulung.

Nehmt die Schule nicht ZU ernst, ist doch nur...Schule..

Keia

lytha said...

don't listen to keia!

~person married to a schoolteacher

Unknown said...

haha...so who am I supposed to believe??
I never took school serious at all...Julia did.
Was nun???