Saturday 28 June 2008

Geocaching, the 270. Cache

I don't do much geocaching anymore these days since I do not have much freetime and a lot of things to care for. But sometimes I find the time for a cache after work and I am always delighted and surprised again of how much distraction and satisfaction it still brings to me.

On tuesday it was high-time for me to finally solve one of the few unsolved caches in my "homezone". A multi-cache of 5 stations/waypoints plus final situated near a camping site with a swimming lake. The stations were quite simple and the calculations were not too difficult...even I was able to solve them easily.(looks diffcult, ey? It is not! Just cut it out this way to impress you all!)

But after I visited every station and did my calculations...what's that?? Is that possible?? The final cache should be 15.000 metres away! Impossible! So I sat down near the lake, enjoyed the lonely place and after a while of thinking found out that the owner must have a mistake in his listing. And so it was. When I was back home, I found out that the cache exists already 5 years and there must have been some changes in between. The Logs of the other geocachers proved me I am right.

But I found the final in spite of that mistake. I thought a while and tried to be logical. In the end the mistake was in the north coordinates. It was not 25 Minutes but 45 minutes...that makes a difference of 15.000 metres!!
Usually I tend to first go and search and afterwards think. This timer I did it the opposite way and succeeded. Should I change myself??

No comments: