Thursday 22 May 2008

Michael Crichton - Prey (Beute)

This book is not new (german release was 2003 I think) and I read it already some years ago. Now I got it as an audio book (6CD) and was fascinated again. As the book was already hard to set aside, the audio book was even more thrilling and I hardly could pause my listening when arriving at home.

It is all a fiction, playing in the world of Nano technologies, where the most worst scenario is being described: Artificial Intelligence developing itself, learning with an incredible speed and attacking human beings in the end. Why? Because the programers/developers of those nano particles and their assemblers were using a training program called "Prey"...and now you may have a guess of who in the end are the hunters and who is the prey...

No comments: