Saturday 30 June 2007

Reha, day 2 - a day by bike




This day I spent mostly on my bike. In the mornings I did 20 kilometres along the Baltic Sea Shore. I spent some time at a small Sail Boat Regatta and enjoyed my time there, lying in the sun and listening to the sound of the waves.

In the afternoon I did some more geocaching and exploring the woods north of Ahrenshoop. The forest there may be approximately 15 x 10 kilomtres so that’s a wide area there. It is even called a “jungle” and yes, there are plants of 2 ormore metres height. The terrain changes very often from swampy to white sand, from good ways to muddy paths. But everyway trees and plants. If you have had enough of woods, just look at your compass, turn direction west and after a few kilometres you will always reach the white, sandy beach of the Baltic Sea. That was fantastic! I was nearly alone there because the weather was very windy with rain in between. So I often made a break and lay down in the white sand to watch the seagulls and to see how the waves constantly trying to get back what ones belonged to the sea.

The bike routes over here are not the best. Very often they are made of concrete slabs 180 x 30 cm, and there is always some space between them. Feels as if every second there is someone hitting your bike with a hammer. So I tried to avoid those concrete slabs and tried to drive on the small 30 cm besides them.

It was a nice but tyring day. In the end I had driven nearly 60 kilometres and spent some 5 hours out in nature. My muscles were getting harder and harder and I even missed supper ( but I expected that and it was not too bad). Tomorrow I better have a rest, because on Monday I am expecting a lot of exercises and therapy waiting for me.

This days kilometres: 58,73

Overall kilometres: 86,53

No comments: