Wednesday 18 April 2007

Geocaching 17.04.07

Since I had the opportunity to leave work already at 4.00 pm, I decided to relax a bit and go out for some geocaching. That was a good decision. I had an approximate plan of which caches to search for and it worked out well. In the end I found 6 caches and had a very relaxing end enjoying time. The tour led me to nice places that I haven't seen before and would have never been able to discover without geocaching.
After I made an FTF (First to find, means none has found this cache before) at Syker Burgwall, the next target was a cache named " In Between Waters" and I expected the target area to be somehow muddy and swampy. And so it was. I really had to watch my steps to not slip and fall into the muddy waters. It was fun and a very idyllic place. The cache was hidden in an old tree and it was quickly found.
I reached the last point of my tour at appr. 7.00 pm. The coordinates pointed directly
to a small hill of maybe 20 metres height. To reach that hill I had to cross some 500 metres of grassland with grass of appr. 50cm height. After I made the first steps towards the hill, there were 3 deers crossing my way...they were very close to me...maybe some 50 metres only and they seemed to be in panic. Some more steps and a rabbit jumped out of the grass, running away from me. Then there were about 3 ducks who left there nest in the grass and flew away panically.
That was the point when I finally realized that I was disturbing them here. I was like a "gate-crasher" for them...I had no invitation to enter there shelter places. I left the grass and took another way up the hill. The way was hard and longer but after reaching the cache, I had a marvellous view. The sun was just downing, I sat down and asked myself why I was so selfish. Thinking only about my target and my wish to reach the cache without thinking about all the wild animals that have older rights here and have there places for shelter here.

From now on, I will be more carefull and more respectfull to nature and its "inhabitants".

No comments: