Saturday 28 April 2007

Artificial intelligence

Since one week I am the owner of a Navigation System "Blaupunkt Lucca" for my car. On tuesday I tried it on my weekly geocaching tour. Since those geocaching tours always lead me to places I have never been before, this navi is a big help for me. I do not need to concentrate on finding narrow streets anymore, I don't need to search for filling stations, banks or -in worst case- hospital anymore;-) . I have been a bit suspicious but now found out that geocaching is even more fun and more simple by using a navi.

One funny thing I noticed: There seems to be one street missing in the navi-software and it is a street near my home. The street is there but my navi refuses to let me drive there. It always tells me a long way around the block instead of the direct way of only 100 metres. Usually I do not use the navi to find my way back home (maybe at some saturday nights it will be helpfull ....) but now whenever I have a bad mood and desperately want to know something better, I switch on the navi on my way back home, listen to the stupid advise, insist on my oppinion about the right way and have a good smile knowing that artificial intelligence still did not overcome.

No comments: