Thursday 22 February 2007

A Rainy Day and 40 kilometres by bicycle

That was a wet day yesterday...in the end I drove some 40 kilometres by bicycle, mostly through rain.

When I woke up, I realized that my freetime for the rest of this week would be limited. Thursday afternoon I wil have to go to the doctor again for some talking - more about that later. Friday night and Saturday I will spend with Jale (with pleasure).
So, I decided to make this wednesday and active but joyfull day. And that's how an active and joyfull day looks for me:

5.45h I got up and at 6.30h went by bicycle to the studio to do my fitness training. At 9.00h I was finished and went all the way to my work (15 km). After work I decided to do some geocaching in the eveings and again sat on my bicycle and drove 12 km through pouring rain to search and find a cache in Bremen (GPS Stash hunt) . Rain doesn't bother me too much, I have good clothes to protect myself. At 7.00 p.m. I was lucky and happily signed the logbook.

All in all I did some 42 kilometres by bicycle today and when I arrived back home at 8.30 p.m., I felt somehow physically worn out but also I felt very fresh in my brain - and those two feelings go perfectly together. If you do long distances by bicycle or walking, you have a lot more chances to look around, let new ideas and thoughts into your mind and let them grow or just spin around ;-) It is nice to me...sometimes.

No comments: