Tuesday 13 February 2007

"Drop the thought"

This morning on my way to work (by bicycle of course ;-)) I was listening to an audiobook and someone in that story mentioned a quote of the Dalai Lama saying "Drop the thought".

There was a try of an explanation of that quotation saying that if any thought is bothering you and worrying you deeply, you should just drop it. Don't think too much about it, let it fall...drop it.

I have not thought too much about it yet, but it was moving me...it sounds interesting to me and it remained in my thoughts.

What do you think about that quotation? It sounds too easy and too naive and egoistic...but maybe it is not too bad at all. It is not saying that you should drop your troubles and the people who are in trouble. It is only saying that for the moment you should drop the thought. Or??? Am I wrong?? heeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: