Friday 18 April 2008

Into the Wild - Motion Soundtrack

Not too long time ago I wrote about the movie "Into the wild" and how much I love it. I was not only fascinated by the film and the story but I also love the music on it. For that reason I cut the sound track out of the movie and put it on my iPod...that was not a perfect solution because there also is some speaking in between.
Last night I found out that the motion soundtrack is available and I was really surprised to read that this CD is by Eddie Vedder. I never liked Pearl Jam and so I never liked Eddie Vedder, but with this CD he is doing really well. 11 fairly short songs performed only on accoustic instruments. I listened to the whole CD last night and to me it is a very intense CD, unspectacular, but it can make you calm down, relax and dream.
In the song "Guaranteed" (my favorite), I feel as if I was walking through Alaska on my way to "magic bus"....

On thing should be mentioned: It is not really the "Motion Soundtrack". It is an Eddie Vedder CD containing also tracks from the movie. But there are not all the nice songs from the film on this CD. Some songs from other artists are missing

1 comment:

lytha said...

i just read on wiki:

Eddie Vedder has also sometimes used the pseudonym of "Wes C. Addle" ("West Seattle").

he lives in my neighborhood in seattle: ) i always liked his voice, and he made that soundgarden song (hunger strike) wonderful.