Thursday 10 April 2008

Geocaching, the 250th cache

After a long absence I finally went out for a geocaching tour after work. It was a warm and sunny afternoon and I left work at 4.00 p.m. already. I had prepared an easy route in an area situated about 40 km west of my homeI saw spots with a nice view, "Galloway" cattles, old plastic cars, and I found my 250th cache on/under a bridge. It was hidden in a way that most cachers may not think about. Usually you have to crawl under the bridge, tryin not to fall in to the water, and find the box hidden somewhere in the dark. Here it was different...the GPS showed me that I was standing right on it, but it was not to be seen. So, I looked around and and and...yes....a hole in one of the planks, and there it was. A nice spot with an easy and found...perfect for my 250th cache. I won't publish the link to that cache here, my writing would be too much of a spoiler.I also was positively surprised by the amount of small/regular caches and the low number of micro caches. I am not really a friend of micro-caches (film-kanister) but they are just perfect as waypoints or to show interesting places that have no space for a small or regular box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glückwunsch!! Bald gibt's die goldene Cacher-Ehrennadel ;-)))