Wednesday 9 May 2007

Rehabilitation by Geocaching ;-)

Finally, after some hard days I had the opportunity to leave work already at 5.00pm. And what is the best way for me to relax?? Yes...go geocaching. Yesterday I was lucky. It was raining a bit and so I was nearly alone out in the woods.
I discovered some really nice places that I did not expect to find only 30 kilometres far from my home. I followed a small river for some kilometres and it was winding its way through nature with a lot of turns.
The spots have been like from a picture book...very idyllic and when I returned from my geocaching adventure, I felt very relaxed. All the stressy thoughts had left me.


So, I don't want to hold back some of the photos I took yesterday. Nature photos always only give you a slight idea of how it was there...but if you add the sound of leaves on trees in wind..the sound of a river gurgling its way and the sound of singing birds...well, then you may be able to imagine how nice those hours in the woods have been for me.
This last way was a challenge. The way was all wet and slippery and ended at a small plank over a river of maybe 3 metres width. A lot of water was in that river cause it has been raining all day...but after all I was brave enough to cross it twice

No comments: