Monday 14 May 2007

Mothers Day

This weekend again was the yearly celebration day of all the florists and the producers of candy + praline. The so called "Mothers Day"!

I have heard that for some mothers it is quite a hard day if their families decided to spoil them at this special day. I have heard a mother saying:
"I usually like to get up early to have enough time during the day. But on this special day, I have to stay in bed as long as my husband and kids need to somehow manage to deliver something like breakfast to my bed. After that I have to hurry. My mother also wants some attention and so we are visiting her in the afternoon. All in all I really appreciate those efforts from my kids and husband, but I can find more relaxation in the normal daily routine"

Haha, that sounds funny to me and I wonder if it will be the same on coming thursday when it will be Ascension Day -in Germany also celebrated as Fathers Day.

It was a bit different for us yesterday. I was preparing breakfast before anyone of my girls opened her eyes. Jale had drawn a nice painting and written a funny letter (consisting of the letters A and B - the only ones she knows so far) for her mother and we had quite a relaxing time. Because Jale is still seriously ill, we did not leave the house all day.
We visited my parents in the afternoon and had a cup of coffee together. We live in the same house and are togethre daily, so it was not a very special meeting.

How about you? Do you all celebrate kind of a "Mothers Day"? If so, what happens on this special day??



No comments: