Wednesday 21 March 2007

The Golden Calf

Tuesday, 20th I was visiting the CeBIT in Hanover. It is said to be the worlds largest and most important trade fair for ICT innovations.

Since IT technologies do not belong to my job in first place, I only use the yearly fair to keep myself informed about whats new and whats cheap... ;-) I usually stay only 4-5 hours there, visit only 30% of all the fair and have only 3-4 meetings.
This year it was even less. I had only 1 business meeting and spent the rest of my time getting myself informed about new technologies. So, I arrived only at 11.30 a.m. and left again at 3.30 p.m. already.

And as every year, I was asking myself: why are all those people so much in a hurry? Why do I feel as if being a viewer of a badly produced movie called "the dance around the golden calf"???
It is real life on such trade fairs...sure...but over all I get the feeling as if there won't be anything working in the near future without computer/information technologies. Is that good or bad?? Make up your own oppinion...

Good to know that there are some things that will remain and survive all the hype...such as humanity, friendship, laughing, love...anything I forgot???

No comments: