Friday 15 February 2008

Canon PowerShot A570 IS

Yesterday I received my new photo camera Canon A570 IS. Not the newest innovation but I am not a professional photograph. We were satisfied with our old Kodak Easyshare which still makes excellent photos. But we were missing the possibility of taking videoclips as we do not always want to carry the camcorder with us. I addition to that, the old Kodak was much too heavy and large to carry it with me in my pocket. So, usually when "on tour" I took snapshots with my Sony Ericson mobile-phone cam.

The Canon camera seems to make even more brilliant photos. It is small but not too small so that you can still fell it in your hand. That's important for me because otherwise I always feel as if I am shivering while taking pictures. I will publish my first photos taken with the Canon Cam soon but I also figured out that there are negative attributes: The electric power supply comes from 2 AA Mignon Batteries. That's of course better than from a special Canon battery pack, but those Mignon batteries will need a recharge quite often I am afraid.
The other thing is that video clips taken with the Canon cam need a hell of a lot of space. The format is .avi motion jpeg and even in lowest resolution they will need about 30 MB per recorded minute. I don't care for my 2x2GB memory card and I don't care for my HD space but sendung clips by email will be far too slow especially for those who don't have a fast internet connection (like many of you have).

However...the cam is now in "Winni's experimental laboratory"...I will keep you informed

1 comment:

lytha said...

i have an older model of this camera, a powershot a75. i take a lot of little video clips with it, for example, winni reading to jale, 2005: ) i like the way the battery part is the "grip" of the camera, which makes it nice to hold. i often wish it were smaller but then i'd probably not see it and sit on it. i do have a camera case for it that i snap right onto my saddle. it's a tough camera - it's been thru a lot and still going strong.