Monday 15 June 2009

Lighters vs. Digicam

I know that I am not the youngest anymore, but yesterday, at the Morrissey concert, I noticed a change over the years that I found funny enough to be mentioned here. It has to do with the prohibition of smoking anywhere in the concert halls.

When I was younger, I visited many concerts and festivals and there was a habit in every audience: whenever a slow song or a ballad was perfromed on stage, the audience took out their lighters and made the hall an ocean of tiny lites.
Nowadays it's a bit different. During a slow song you also see a lot of lights in the audience, but they are not from lighters but they are the displays of digicams and mobile phones not trying to create a cozy atmosphere but trying to take a movie or pics of the artist.

Is that because of a lack of lighters or is it because people think that a documentary like "I was there" is more important than a cozy atmosphere??

2 comments:

lytha said...

let's hope that there are less people smoking nowadays. uh, right.

but back when i went to college, we took notes on PAPER. now every student has a laptop.

there were also no "gun free zone" signs on the front of schools.

also, no blogs: )
~lytha

Winni said...

@lytha, oh yes...absolutely right you are! And in former times we even thought the world was a flat disc ;-)