Friday 30 January 2009

Geocaching Mega Event Bremen

Lytha remembered me with her comment that I did not post a word so far about the Geocaching Event "Project *G*A*M*E*" taking place in Bremen, May 31st. It is a huge meeting of geocachers and as I heard from Andreas (one of the organizers of the event) they were expecting it to be a Mega Event already after the first week when this event was listed. The funny thing is that groundspeak did not believe that this event could reach the "mega" status of at least 500 participants. Today it is January 30th, so still 4 months to go until the event, but there are already 527 geocachers who wrote their "will attend" log. That's gonna be a real huge event!!

Of course I will take place in this event. I am curious to meet a lot of geocachers (hello "Donaucachers"...) there and besides that, there is one particular reason why I should be at least close to that event: I have a geocache situated right in front of the entrance of the event place. It used to be a regular box, but since it was muggeed 2 times, I temporarily changed it to a mikro cache. When I look at the many geocachers who will attend the mega event, I am afraid that I will have to make it a regular or large box again, even if only to hold an amount of logbooks!

Los Linkos:
Geocaching Mega Event Bremen 2009 GC1JZ92
Mega Event Project *G*A*M*E*
My geocache GC10881

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Streune gerade ein bisschen durch Dein Blog, um mich vor der eigenen Arbeit zu drücken...
Zu deinem Micro: Vermutlich musst Du am 31.5. alle 2 Stunden ein frisches Logbuch nachlegen ;-)

Jörg