Friday 9 January 2009

Memorial Diamonds

Would you like to carry a beloved person with you even after that person has died? A strange question, I know, but I have heard of something that sounded unbelievable to me first. Then I visited the website (links below) and it looks somehow serious and believeable to me.

Algordanza is a company that offers a very polarizing service/product: They will produce a diamond from the ashes of a deceased person. Depending on how much ashes there is, you may decide if you wanna have a few small or one big diamond. It is said that those diamonds may have a very very light glimpse of pink or blue in it because there are micro elements in the ashes that cannot be filtered out.

What do you think of such a diamond and such a way of remembering your beloved?? Julia said: disgusting...the body or its ashes belong to the earth after someone died. As usual, I don't have an oppinion about such things. Sounds a bit weird to me and I would never do it even if I had the money...but if someone likes it, why not?! But the general question goes deeper I guess. Is it right if we manipulate the creation of human beings like that?? Or do you agree with the quote of Algordanza : »Every tradition has once started as innovation«

links:
Algordanza (english)
Algordanza (deutsch)

No comments: