Sunday 7 December 2008

Geocaching - Creativity

Today, I solved the last stage of a Multi-cache consisting of 6 stations + final. It was located in a wilderness that I did not expect there and I liked it especially because I was able to search for the waypoints without others passing by and watching me. The stations were all quite hard to reach. It had been raining hard over here during the past days and so the whole walk was a muddy and slippery adventure. Exactly what I like :-)

It was such a very idyllic place...I was able to watch ducks and swans and I heard them making noises that I have never heard before from ducks and swans. But that was not the only reason why I am posting this. The main reason was waypoint No. 6. In the cache listing it was written that I would meet Erwin here and if he wouldn't hide at that very moment, he would probably tell me where his treasure (cache+logbook) was hidden. When I reached that waypoint, I watched out for any box or container or toy...but all I saw was a duck, obviously made of plastic, swimming some 4-5 metres away from the shore on a lake. Could it be Erwin?? Yes..of course. All I had to find out now was how to get him towards the shore. I was sure that he was wearing the coordinates for the cache on him somewhere. And so it was. After 10-15 minutes of searching, I found a very thin but strong little piece of yarn which seemed to disappear somewhere in the water. I pulled and pulled it...and all over sudden Erwin began to swim towards me. The rest was simple: he had the coordinates for the cache box around his neck and it was only some more 150 metre until I found the large cache container and could sign the logbook.

With this post I just wanna point out one of the many creative caches. Not only a plastic box hidden somewhere. But here, the owner had some good ideas, found the perfect location for it and gave me some 2 hours of fun with solving this riddle.

Below you can see how I discovered Erwin. Can you spot him??? Doesn't he look like real???


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

das klingt super! wie heißt der cache?

gruß swesta