Wednesday 17 December 2008

Christmas market Bremen


Yesterday we went to the Christmas market in Bremen. It is said to be one of the nicest christmas markets in germany and it is attracting lots of toursits. And yes, I have heard so many different languages around that I felt as if abroad. The market is situated right in the heart of the centre of Bremen on the historical market square with the old town-hall and the cathedral around. Very scenic spot.
I was surprised to see not only the usual food and drink booths there but a lot of arts and crafts being sold as well. And those crafts were mostly handmade and not some imported "made by diligent childrens hands" bulk-ware. Means for me: nice to look at those crafts but unaffordable to buy.

Christmas markets don't seem to be very common in other countries and I wonder if you have something similar in your country?? Drop me a line, I am curious.
If you wann look at some (not too well taken...) photos, check out the few I have taken last night.

No comments: