Wednesday 12 November 2008

Mugs and Money, reloaded

Maybe some of you will remember a post on this blog where I was writing about my collection of mugs and how I am using foreign money.
I know that it is nothing special if someone collects mugs and I know that there are people who collect money (yes, yes...Dagobert Duck is only one of them)!
I had visitors here in my home who brought me a mug as a present and I was soooo happy about that.
But I never ever expected someone to be so smart and bring those both of my hobbies together in a very charming way. Today I received a package...a lovely package, well packed and stuffed with love, and candy and chocolate and mugs!!!! It was absolutely lovely and would be enough for the next 3 christmas celebrations.

But top of all was a mug with a 100 estonian crown (EEK) on it! Perfect combination...you are the best, Triina...thanks a milion!!!
For all those who have never heard of the currency of estonian crown (EEK), here is an information about my cool mug and especially about the 100 EEK banknote:

On top of the 100 EEK is a portrait of the Estonian poet Lydia Koidula (born as: Lydia Emilie Florentine Jannsen, 1843-1886). Lydia Koidula wrote patriotic lyrics as well as poems about the beauty of nature.
100 EEK = 100 Krooni = about € 6,60 today
The 100 EEK banknote is said to be even more safe and uncopyable than the Euro!!! So, if you wanna own this safe currency, hurry up! Estonia will probably switch over to the Euro soon...but not before 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Winni! You are so nice!
Triina