Tuesday 18 March 2008

Cloverfield

The pain was getting more and more yesterday and when I came home from work I immmediately went to bed. I watched the film "Cloverfield" and I liked it even though it was announced being some kind of "Monster Action". The story itself is simple. It is beginning with 20 minutes of a party which is interrupted by a heavy ground motion...as everyone thought. It was no earthquake but some kind of an Alien/Monster/Whatever... and this creature was attacking New York now.
As I mentioned, the story itself is not really spectacular. The ingenious move (in my eyes) is that the whole film was being filmed from the merciless subjective perspective of a handheld camera. So, if you wanna enjoy "Cloverfield" you must be able to stand those hyper nervous wiggly recordings.

All in all this seems to be the perfect movie for the "You Tube" Generation....where every amateur on earth can make his documentation about more or less important things going on.

No comments: