Friday 25 January 2008

Rockpalast

Woohooo...finally I was succesfull with searching for old recordings of the famous "Rockpalast" Nights. From 1974 on there were 2 yearly events taking place in the Grugahalle, Eseen/Germany. Rockbands playing live on stage until early morning.
I followed those events at the age of 13-20 years and of course they left a sentimental impression on me.

And as every old-aged, I am now trying to get back some memories of my youth. Yesterday I was succesfull again. By chance I found the concert of "Dexy's Midnight Runners". Wow..that was one of the few concerts that I was still searching for. That music wasn't maybe performed in highest quality, but we are talking about sentimental memories...so-who cares about quality??

I was happy to find it....and now there are only a few concert recordings still missing. I already have the Rockpalast recordings of Rory Gallagher, Big Country, Rodgau Monotones, Kid Creole, Johnny Winter, The Who and Grateful Dead ! Now I am looking for the concerts of Mothers Finest and ZZ Top. Can anyone help me finding them?

No comments: