Saturday 25 August 2007

My 200th Geocache

Wow...today I found my 200th Geocache. I am a member of Geocaching.com only since October 2006 and my first found was October 25th. So, it took me exactly 10 months to find 200 Geocaches. Not bad. A lot of memories belong to each and every single cache. There is always a story behind it even though the story itself is not always that interesting ;-)

Today we had no plans for this saturday and took the chance to go out geocahing all together. We did not want to make a huge effort on a difficult cache and so we decided to visit 2 traditionals, only 15 kilometres from our home.

The first cache (Am Rande des Brammer Moors) was situated in an active moor..so we had to watch our steps to not get lost forever ;-)...*joking*. It was a nice walk of 2 kilometres in a silent forest. The cache was hidden pretty well and we searched for about 15 minutes until we found it. It was hidden behind a rock, just above a small beck. To grab it I had to do kind of an athletic movement to not fall into that little creek.

It was fun and we signed the logbook together. The only thing negative was the fact that it was only a very small container (film-canister only) and so Jale had no chance to do any trading in this cache box.

No comments: